Use Board Permissions to share a Board with another Group in Guru without giving them access to the entire Collection.
You must have Collection Owner permission in the Collection that the Board lives to set up Board Permissions. Read more about Guru permissions here.
Board Permissions can only be set up for individual Boards, not entire Board Groups.
Setting up Board Permissions
1. Open the Collection you want to share the content from. For example, if you want to share a “Sales & CSMs Operations” Board that lives in the Sales Collection, click into that Collection and Board.
2. Click on the three ellipses near the Board Title and select Edit Board Permissions:
3. When you select Board Permissions, you will see the Groups that have access to the Board because they’re members of the Collection. You will also see Groups that have been given access to this specific Board through Board Sharing:
4. To give additional Groups access to this Board, select Add a Group. You will be able to choose from any Groups in Guru:
You can only give Groups Read Only access to a Board via Board Permissions at this time.
🏡 Check this out in the Guru Community!
You can share your support for a feature enhancement to include Author access in Board Permissions with our Product Team by upvoting the Guru Community post Board Level Editing/Authoring Permissions.
5. Once you have added a Group or set of Groups to this Board, it will appear in the Other Groups Added to this Board section of the screen.
Viewing Cards via Board Permissions
6. The new Group(s) that you just gave access to will be able to view the Board in the Knowledge Tab under the heading Knowledge Shared with You.
7. When a user clicks into the Collection with the Board they have been given access to, they will now see only that Board. If you give them access to multiple Boards within the same Collection, those Boards will appear as well.