You must be an Admin to access the SSO/SCIM page in Team Settings and to set up SSO for your team.
Setting up Okta and Guru
1. Log into your Okta Admin portal. In the left menu, click Applications > Applications.
2. Select Browse App Catalog.
3. Search for "Guru", click on the Guru app, then click + Add Integration.
4. On the General Settings- Required page, the Application Label should read "Guru". Select your Application Visibility Settings and click Done.
5. Click on the Sign On tab and then click the View SAML setup instructions button to open them in a new tab. These instructions will walk you through what values to copy and paste from Okta into Guru on your SSO/SCIM Team Settings page (and vice versa). If you are signed into Okta, these instructions will automatically populate with your team's variables.
6. After completing the steps in Guru, navigate back to Okta. Close the setup instructions and click on the Assignments tabs and assign People and/or Groups to the Guru application in Okta:
7. Finally, ask users to return to their Okta Dashboard and click on the Guru icon to log into Guru.
Frequently Asked Questions about authenticating to Guru through Okta
How will users login to Guru when SSO is turned on?
After Okta has been enabled, all users must log in to Guru via their Okta Dashboard. Admins will still be able to log into Guru natively as a failsafe, in case of any issues.
Will I have to still invite people in Guru?
If you've given your existing team members access to Guru through Okta, they will be able to sign into Guru through Okta. With new team members, it depends on the Provision Type setting in the SSO/SCIM page in Guru. With "Automatically Add Users" enabled, once a user signs in via Okta, a Guru account will be automatically created for them and they will be able to see your team's content.
How do group provisioning and Collection access work?
You can set up users who log into Guru through Okta to join one default Group in Guru. Please note that all new and current users are automatically included in the All Members group. From there, an Admin can add the user to other Groups for them to have the appropriate Collection access.
📑 Related articles