Answer a Question
1. Select the question you would like to answer from the My Tasks tab.
2. Choose Resolve or View, depending on whether you would like to answer the question or leave a comment to ask for additional information.
Option #1 - Ready to resolve:
To answer the question, click Resolve and select either Answer with New Card to compose a new title and Card content and include files or images if you wish, Answer with Existing Card if the information is already in Guru, or Archive if the question is no longer relevant or needed.
If you choose Answer with Existing Card, you'll be asked to search for the Card you want from the Collections to which both you and the question asker have access. Select the check mark next to the appropriate Card and then press Save.
If you choose Answer with New Card, click Save after you compose the answer in the text box to turn it into a Card - it's now part of your team's knowledge! Once the answer is saved, you can adjust the verification interval to reflect how often you would like the Card to be updated.
Option #2 - Get more information:
To reply to the initial comment and request greater detail and/or loop in another team member, click View. From here, click Comment and type your comment in the box and/or @mention the appropriate members or Groups of your team. Anyone mentioned will also see the question in their notifications queue.
Option #3 - Reassign a Question:
1. From the top navigation bar, go to My Tasks and select the question you would like to answer under the questions section.
2. Select the View option to open the question.
3. At the bottom left of the question window is the Answerer field. To change the designated answerer to the person or Group who is better suited to answer it, click Change, select the appropriate person or Group, and click Okay to save.
4. You've reassigned the question! That user or Group will receive a notification alerting them.
When someone on your team asks you a question, you’ll get an email or Slack notification and a pink dot will appear next to My Tasks. You will also see a running tally of questions to answer from your main Dashboard in the web app.
📑 Related articles