Our improved editor allows you to better format your content, so your team can more easily identify and digest key points. The editor is also responsive to Markdown for further Card customization.
Formatting Card content
The tool bar at the top of the Card editor allows you to format your Card content. You can also click the ? icon to pop out a Help Guide in the side of your editor.
Formatting Card Content Options:
Select your desired format from the dropdown. Click on the formatting scheme that you want before entering your text in the editor, or highlight the desired text area after you’ve written it to change the text’s format.
Add basic text formatting to your Card. You can manipulate the text style or add a code snippet here.
Insert an image, video, iframe, table, link, file, or Markdown block to your Guru Card.
- Upload a file or image to a Guru Card. Upload a video by simply entering the video’s URL and clicking the blue checkmark. (i.e. from YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, etc.)
- Input an iFrame by inputting the iFrame's URL and checking the blue checkmark
- Read more about embedding assets from Google Drive here..
- Add a table by clicking the table icon in the top toolbar. You can easily add or remove columns or rows with a single click.
- Add a hyperlink by entering the URL and clicking the blue checkmark. You can also highlight the text you want to hyperlink and click the link icon in the popover menu.
- Insert a Guru Card link by clicking the Guru icon in the toolbar, and then searching for and selecting the Card you’d like to link to. Read more about adding Guru to Guru Card links here.
Guru recommends using the "image uploader" button to upload an image to your Guru Card as opposed to dragging and dropping the image for best results.
Other Ways to Access Your Formatting Options:
- Sidebar Menu: Click the +on the left side of the text (click the X to close it)
- Slash Command: Type a /forward slash on a new line and begin typing the name of the option to filter the list (i.e. “image”)
- Popover Menu: Highlight any text for quick access to font styling options (bold, italics, text colors, highlight, and strikethrough), code snippets, hyperlinks, and more.
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts: The editor supports simple formatting via keyboard commands (i.e. shortcuts). For example, with command + b, command + i, command + k, you can easily bold, italicize, and hyperlink (respectively).
📑 Related articles
- How to customize your Card content with Markdown
- How to add a Table of Contents to your Card
- How to create a Card draft
- How to embed from Google Drive
🎓 View this in the Guru Academy
Explore Card Creation in the Author course in the Guru Academy!