On a Guru Card, you can edit the Privacy and Sharing settings to control who on your team can access the Card. Additionally, you can control who can view files embedded in the Card.
On the left-hand side of a Card, you'll see three dots. Select the three dots and then select Privacy and Sharing from the dropdown. Here, you'll see a few options:
Your Guru Team
- Your Guru Team: Selecting this option allows all Guru users with access to the Card's Collection to view its contents.
- Allow images and files uploaded to this Card to be shared outside of your Guru team: Selecting this option allows all uploaded files on this Card to be viewable by people with the file link. The Card link itself can only be accessed by a logged-in member of your team, but when the file links are sent to a customer or prospect, they will be able to access them.
The File Access checkbox only applies to files uploaded to the Card. It does not override or apply to any permissions set on files hosted by other services, such as Google Drive.
- In Collections with Content Performance enabled, new Cards created in these Collections automatically has the File Access setting set to Public. This ensures external files have the right permissions and can be shared without extra effort.
A page icon will appear on the Card in the top right-hand corner to indicate that File Access is set to public.
- Specific Users: The Card is private to you and users who you choose to share it with. This can be helpful if you are developing content or have content that you don't want other members of your team to see. Please note that you and those you've shared the restricted Card with can search for this content. However, you cannot add private Cards to a Board.
When you share a private Card with another user with Author permissions, you can reassign verification responsibilities to that user.
- Public (no sign-in required): Anyone with the link can view this entire Card (including images and files), even if they are outside of your Guru team.
- Public Cards will not appear in Guru search for those users who do not have access via Collection or Board Permissions.
💡 Tip: A globe icon will appear on the Copy Card URL icon to indicate that this Card is now Public.