Troubleshooting "accounts.google.com refused to connect" message
If Google can’t authenticate your access to Google drive for whatever reason, you will be prompted with an error message “accounts.google.com refuses to connect”. This is due to security reasons on Googe's end, but there are several reasons why this happens. To resolve this, check the following:
- Double-check that you are logged into Google (especially if you are logging in on a different computer, in incognito mode, etc.).
- Ensure that your Chrome settings are not blocking "Third Party Cookies."
- Ensure that no extensions are blocking "Third Party Cookies."
Troubleshooting "you need permission" message
If you run into the "you need permission to access this file" message, this more than likely indicates that you are logged into Google under a different email that does not have access to the content in question. To resolve this, check the following:
- Confirm that you are logged into the correct Google Account with access to this file.
Still having trouble viewing embedded files from Google?
The below steps require a bit of manual manipulation of the URL that is used to embed but is the most foolproof way to embed documents into Guru Cards to ensure you won't run into trouble with viewing the content.
The steps are slightly different depending on the Google App you are using, but are roughly the same. For this example, we will use Google Docs. Here are the steps:
- Take the URL of the file in question from the browser:
- Replace docs.google.com/document with drive.google.com/file
- Remove the edit# portion and any other portion of the URL following:
- Add preview to the end
- Your new URL should look like:
- Copy this into the iFrame tool and the file should render without issues.
☎️ Contact us
If you continue to run into trouble viewing embedded content from Google don't hesitate to reach out to us in chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
📑 Related articles