Cards are the fundamental, bite-sized units of knowledge in Guru. All of your team's content is stored in Cards across Collections in Guru. Unlike long documents, Cards are optimized to make knowledge easy to search and quickly accessible for your team when they need it. Cards are easy to create and you can edit Cards at any time!
You must be have Author or Collection Owner permission to create Guru Cards.
Creating a Card in the Guru Web App and Guru Extension
Click the "+ Create Card" button at the top of the Guru web app or Guru extension:
2. Select Create a New Card or pick Template Card your team has created.
3. Add a Card Title.
4. Create and format Card content, then click Next step
5. Pick a Collection for your Card to live in. You can only choose Collections in which you have Author or Collection Owner access.
6. Pick a Board for this Card to live in (this is optional).
7. Assign applicable tags that will help users surface this Card in search (this is optional).
The Verifier is responsible for keeping the content up-to-date and accurate, and the the Verification Timeline is is set to remind the Verifier to periodically ensure the Card's knowledge stays current over time.
9. Decide who can access the knowledge on this Card.
What can they see?
Your Guru Team
Users who have Collection or Board-level access to the Card.
Only individuals explicitly shared on the Card can access it.
When you grant Card access to specific users, Cards will appear under the Cards not on a Board section.
No sign-in required! Anyone with the Card link can view this entire Card (including images and files) outside of your Guru Team. Learn more about Public Cards here.
If your Card has any images or files your team would like to share externally, select "Allow images and files uploaded to this Card to be shared outside of your Guru team."
10. Click Publish Card.