Want to organize and order your content within a Guru Card? Our Markdown tool allows you to create anchor text which can act as a Table of Contents in a Guru Card. Using this tool, you can set up linked content at the top of a Card so you can find the information you need even faster.
While at this time we do not have a Table of Contents tool built into our editor, Guru does allow for anchoring in a Markdown block with some HTML code.
Creating anchored texts or a Table of Contents in a Card:
1. For the first part of the anchor text create a Markdown block in the Card editor
2. Insert the following code: <a href = "#section1">Section 1</a> and replace with the corresponding text you'd like to use in your Card
3. Repeat this step in the code block for the # of anchor texts you wish to have in your Card:
4. Now, create a markdown block ABOVE the text in the Card you wish to direct your users too when they click the links created above.
5. Insert <a name= "section1"></a> in the code block using the text that corresponds with the text you selected for the top markdown block.
6. You're done! Once you save your Card, the text in the top markdown block will be hyperlinked and link directly to the area in the second markdown block.
Additionally, we suggest using our Card-to-Card linking feature, which will allow you to direct your users to other Guru Cards in a similar way that anchoring does. You can read more about Card-to-Card linking here.
Guru on Guru Example
Watch how we create anchor texts, table of contents, and bookmarks in our Guru Cards: