You must have Admin and Author access OR Collection Owner access for the specific Collection to import content into that Guru Collection.
Guru's content migration options will expedite the process of importing your existing content, so your team can experience the benefit of Guru right away.
🏡 Check this out in the Guru Community!
Visit Guru's Community and our Deep Dive recap to see how other customers are migrating their content into Guru.
When importing existing content into Guru, it's important to update the information in advance, so your team can trust the knowledge in Guru right away.
How to migrate content into Guru
1. In Guru's web app, navigate to Team Settings and click on the Collections tab.
2. Click the Collection settings ellipses ("⋮") in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the content.
3. Click on Import Content.
4. Select the type of content you are importing and follow the displayed instructions to upload the content.
In-app import options:
Guru (previously exported content from Guru)
Manual migration options
Interested in migrating content from Bloomfire, Jive, Intercom, Tettra, Wordpress, or Document360? If you don't see your source application in the in-app import options list above but are migrating content from a source that has a Markdown or HTML export option, you may be able to complete the migration of information using the following path:
- All Markdown exports not listed can be processed as Slab.
- All HTML exports not listed can be processed as Confluence.
If your team uses Zapier, get creative and create a Zap to trigger new Guru Cards based on a trigger from another app. Here is a template for a Google Doc > Guru zap as inspiration. ⚡️
A Guru Knowledge Sync is another way to import content into Guru, although the content will continue to live and be updated in the original source.