When bringing existing content into Guru, it can be useful to leverage the iFrame feature to give users a live and interactive preview window to content that will continue to live outside of Guru. Slide decks, sheets, PDF assets, or various web pages can all be framed.
This article will show how to use our spreadsheet migrator to import multiple Cards at once each with iFrames, links, and descriptions in their content.
You must have Admin + Author access OR Collection Owner access for the specific Collection to migrate content from a spreadsheet into Guru.
Import iFrames in Spreadsheet Migrator
1. Create a spreadsheet with the following 4 columns, written exactly as below, in the same order on the first sheet:
Title: required Content: required Boards: comma-separated Tags: comma-separated
2. In order for the iframe to import successfully, you will need to use HTML code for the entire Content cell.
Copy and paste the following HTML code templates to create a cleanly structured Card that contains a description of the content, a hyperlink to the content's source, and an iframe of the source content.
Description Header - <h2>Description</h2>
Description paragraph - <p>INSERT A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTENT THAT CONTAINS GOOD KEYWORDS USERS MIGHT SEARCH WITH</p>
Hyperlink behind text - <a href="INSERT HYPERLINK BETWEEN THE QUOTES">INSERT WHAT THE LINK WILL READ AS</a>
iFrame - <iframe width="895" height="650" src="INSERT HYPERLINK BETWEEN QUOTES"></iframe>
The cell's format should look like the above picture with the hyperlink and iframe code on their own lines. Use ⌘+ENTER to create new lines within a cell.
The final imported Card will look like this:
3. Repeat this for any cells which will need an iframe. Cards not requiring iframes will not require any HTML code in their Content cells on the spreadsheet.
The rest of these instructions are the same as importing any spreadsheet into Guru.
4. Go to the Team Settings page within the Guru web app.
5. Select the Users & Collections tab in the left sidebar.
6. Click the Collections tab at the top of the page.
7. Click the settings icon (⋮) in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the spreadsheet.
8. Select Import Content and then Spreadsheet. You must be an Author in that Collection to import content.
9. Click Select a Spreadsheet File, and choose the spreadsheet to upload. You will be notified via email once Guru completes the migration!
📑 Related Articles