Here are the 3 ways you can search Guru in Slack:
1. Search the Guru app in Slack
- In your DM with @Guru in Slack, type your search terms and press enter.
- Click Post to this Channel to post the Card to your DM or click View Card to view content within the Card before posting.
- If these Cards don't have the content you're searching for, click Next ⏩.
- If you want to modify your search, click Edit Search/Filters and you will be able to edit keywords and filter by Tag or Collection.
2. Search with the Slash Command:
/gurufollowed by your search term in any Slack channel.
/guru dog policy.You can perform this action in either you DM with the Guru App for Slack or in a specific Slack channel.
- In a channel, these search results are only visible to you until you choose Post this to Channel.
- If you want to modify your search, click "Edit Search/Filters" and you will be able to edit keywords and filter by Tag or Collection.
3. @mention Guru:
- @mention guru in a Slack channel and then type your search term.
- The search results will appear in a thread beneath your @ mention.
- These search results will only display Cards where "All Members" have access.
The Guru app for Slack must be a member of the Slack channel in order to perform a search using methods #2 & #3. Invite Guru from the Details > Add App menu in that particular Slack channel.
📑 Related articles