Our Markdown tool allows you to build out and customize content beyond what our Card Editor allows. Markdown is a lightweight text editing language that allows you to add unique formatting elements to plaintext documents. Using this tool allows you to edit content outside of our Card Editor's capability.
Using Markdown in Guru
- A Guru Card allows you to insert a Markdown block into a Card. In this Markdown block, you can use Markdown shortcuts to create and customize text or formatting within a Card:
- In the Editor, you can use HTML code in a Markdown block to further customize your content
- When editing a Markdown block in Guru, you can click "preview" in the upper-right hand corner of the Markdown block to see how it will appear in "view" mode.
What can you do with Markdown?
- Customize headings
- Create block quotes
- Create lists (ordered lists, unordered lists, numbered lists)
- Insert and link images and videos
- Create a Table of Contents using anchored texts
- and much more!
Want to learn more? Here is a helpful resource where you can try out Markdown code and see how the final text looks!