Guru's Slack integration allows you to search and surface all of your team’s knowledge directly in Slack keeping your conversations moving without having to switch context. With Guru, you can also capture knowledge as its being exchanged in Slack and seamlessly add it to your Guru knowledge base.
Only uses with Admin permissions can set up Guru's Slack integration.
🎓 View this in the Guru Academy
How to Enable the Guru app for Slack
- From your Avatar on the top-right of Guru's Web App, select Team Settings
- Select Chat Tools from the Integrations section in the left-hand toolbar
- Click ‘Settings’ next to the Slack option. Next, click 'Connect New Slack Team.'
- When you click Connect New Slack Team and complete the steps, Guru is going to map your users by matching to their Slack email address. This way, everyone on your Guru Team will have access to the Guru app for Slack. However, team members who use Slack but not Guru will not be able to see any Guru information that they don't have access to.
- If there are discrepancies, those users will not be mapped. When they go to use the app for the first time you (the Admin) will get a message allowing you to connect them to a Guru user.
- If someone is not on the Guru team and uses the Guru app for Slack for the first time, you (the admin) will receive a message inviting you to either add them to your team or deny their request.
- Meet Guru's app for Slack! Once the setup process is complete, our Slack integration will introduce itself. You can also find it by searching @guru in your direct message options.
If you ever forget the appropriate command for what you want to do, just type "help" in your direct message with Guru and it will layout all available actions. You can also invite the Guru Slack integration to any channel by typing
📑 Related articles