You must have Admin + Author access OR Collection Owner access for the specific Collection to migrate content from Google Docs into Guru.
Follow the steps below to migrate your knowledge from Google Docs to Guru. See here for more on Guru's migration options.
How to Migrate Content into Guru from Google Docs
Part 1: Exporting Content out of Google Docs
1. Open the Google Doc you want to move into Guru. Select File > Download > Microsoft Word (.docx).
You can also select multiple files or entire folders in Google Drive, right-click, and select Download. This will download as a .zip file of .docx files that you can use.
Part 2: Importing your Google Doc Content into Guru
1. Once you have your saved .docx files (or .zip file), go to Team Settings in the Guru web app.
2. Click the Collections tab.
3. Click the Collection Settings wheel in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the content.
4. Select Import Content and then Google Docs.
5. Drag + drop or upload the downloaded .docx file, then click Start Import.
6. Your file will be uploaded to our migrator tool, where we will process the files into a readable format for Guru, compress those files, then upload them to the designated Collections.
Due to the nature of these jobs, the general waiting time can exceed 30 minutes. An email will be sent once this migration is complete.
If there is any issue with the migration, you will receive an error message and be prompted to reach out to our team to determine next steps.