You must have Admin + Author access OR Collection Owner access for the specific Collection to migrate content from Word into Guru.
Follow the steps below to migrate your knowledge from Word to Guru. See here for more on Guru's migration options.
How to Migrate Content into Guru from Word Docs
1. Once you have your saved Word files (as docx. files), go to Team Settings in the Guru web app.
2. Click the Collections tab.
3. Click the Collection Settings ellipses in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the content.
4. Select Import Content and then Word Docs.
5. Drag + drop or upload the downloaded docx. file.
If your document contains Headers (H1 or H2) you will then be prompted to decide if you want to break up that document into multiple Cards by header or upload the entire document as one Card. Then click Start Import.
Generally, we recommend keeping Cards bite-sized, so by breaking up one long document into multiple Cards, you can help end-users easily surface the information they need.
6. Your file will be uploaded to our migrator tool, where we will process the files into a readable format for Guru, compress those files, then upload them to the designated Collections.
Due to the nature of these jobs, the general waiting time can exceed 30 minutes. An email will be sent once this migration is complete.
If there is any issue with the migration, you will receive an error message and be prompted to reach out to our team to determine next steps.