You must have Admin + Author access OR Collection Owner access for the specific Collection to migrate Word documents into Guru.
Follow the steps below to migrate your knowledge from Word to Guru. See here for more on Guru's migration options.
How to Migrate content into Guru from a Word Document
1. Once you have saved and exported your Word file as a .docx file, navigate to Team Settings in the Guru web app.
2. Click the Collections tab.
3. Click the Collection Settings ellipses ("⋮") in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the content.
4. Select Import Content and then Word Docs.
5. Drag and drop or select the downloaded .docx file from your device.
If a Word document contains headers (H1 or H2 or both), you will be prompted to decide if you want to break up that document into multiple Cards (by headers) or upload the entire document as one Card:
6. Click Start Import.
Generally, we recommend keeping Guru Cards bite-sized, so by breaking up one long Word document into multiple Cards using headers, you can help end-users easily surface the information they need.
7. Your file will be uploaded to our migrator tool where we will process the file into a readable format for Guru, compress the file, then upload it to the designated Collection.
Depending on the contents of the .docx file, it will either import as a Card editable with the WYSIWYG editor or editable as a Markdown block.
Due to the nature of these jobs, the general waiting time can exceed 30 minutes. An email will be sent once this migration is complete.
If there is any issue with the migration, you will receive an error message and be prompted to reach out to our team to determine the next steps.