Box has an embed function that can be used to generate iframe previews of Box folders and individual files within Guru Cards.
Before embedding any Box hosted file in Guru, be sure to adjust the sharing settings in the file’s Box sharing settings to appropriately align with the users you expect to preview this file in Guru.
In order for a user to see a preview of Box file in Guru, the user must be signed into their corresponding Box account in their browser.
Embedding a Folder or File preview
- In Box, select the folder or file you’d like to embed as a preview in a Guru Card.
- Select the three dots to the right of the file or folder to open up the More Options dropdown. From here, select More Actions and then Embed Widget
- This will open up a dialogue box where you can specify the size and view settings your prefer for the preview. We recommend a size of Medium (500 x 400)
- Copy the Embed Code from Box
- Navigate to your Guru Card and select the Markdown option in the Editor
- Paste your copied Embed Code into your Markdown block in Guru. Box may require you to login with your Box credentials
- Voila! Click Preview to review how the document will display in your Guru Card
Watch this short video to see these embedding steps in action:
☎️ Contact Us
If you have any questions about embedding assets from Box into Guru, please contact Guru Support by clicking "Chat with Us!" under 'Team Settings' in Guru or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 🧠