At this time, Dropbox does not permit embedding documents directly from Dropbox into Guru. We recommend hyperlinking to Dropbox files or embedding the documents from another source (ie. Google Drive or Box) to satisfy the same goal.
Link Card text to a Dropbox file
1. Open your file in Dropbox.
2. On the upper-right-hand corner, click the Share button. Your file must be shared with the appropriate users in Dropbox in order to access it from the hyperlink in the Guru Card.
3. After determining the appropriate level of access, click Copy Link to copy the sharing link to your clipboard.
4. Navigate to Guru and, as a Collection Owner or Author, create a Card or edit an existing Card.
5. Highlight Card text and paste (
v on Mac or
v on Windows) to apply the hyperlink to the Dropbox file. You can also click the Link icon in the popover menu or Card editor toolbar to insert a hyperlink.
Embed Dropbox document from Google Drive
1. In Dropbox, right-click on the document you wish to embed into a Guru Card. Select Open in > and select Google Docs.
2. This will move the file directly into Google Docs. Embed the file hosted by Google following the advice in How to embed assets from Google Drive.
Embed Dropbox files as PDFs
Use this pathway if you are not able to use Google Drive and the file type does not matter to you.
1. In Dropbox, right-click on the file you wish to embed into a Guru Card. Select Save as... > and PDF.
2. Upload the PDF file to the Guru Card following the advice in Uploading and interacting with files in Guru Cards.
3. Embed the PDF file following the advice in How to embed a PDF into a Guru Card.
📑 Related articles