Template Cards in Guru allow you to keep your Cards consistent, concise, and organized. They make it easier for your team to create knowledge to share with your team. If you don't want to start your template Card from scratch, learn how to add a Card from Guru's Template Gallery here!
All Authors and Collection Owners can view all templates created by your Team.
You must be a Collection Owner of at least one Collection to create and edit templates.
Creating a Template Card
1. First, ensure that you're a Collection Owner in Guru. You can reach out to your team's Guru Admins to make sure you have the proper Guru permissions.
2. In the Web App or the Extension, select the "plus sign" to create a Card. Guru will display a pop-up - from here, select Create new template.
3. Add a title and description for your template and then build out your Card Template in the Card Title and Body fields.
4. After creating your Card Template, select Next step. You'll see the Template Settings view where you can choose the template's default Collection, Boards, and tags.
5. Select Next step. Here, you can choose the template's Default Verifier and Verification Interval. Finally, click Save template. Now, this Card will appear as an option when a user creates a Card.
Editing Card Templates
You can edit any existing Card Template by clicking on the + create Card icon. When hovering over a template, select the pencil icon on the bottom right corner to edit the template. In the edit view, you can also delete the template:
Looking for some more inspiration for Guru Card Templates? Check out our Template Swap Deep Dive where Guru users from Shopify, Ceros, Answer Lab, and Better Mortgage shared specific templates they've created in Guru.