You must be a Guru Admin to import content into Guru using Spreadsheets.
Easily import and organize your knowledge into Guru with our Spreadsheet tool by following the steps below. See here for more on Guru's migration options.
To Import Content using Spreadsheets
1. Create a spreadsheet with the following 4 columns, written exactly as below, in the same order on the first sheet:
Title - required
Content - required
Boards - comma separated
Tags - comma separated
A few things to note when importing content into Guru using Spreadsheets:
Do not include "#" in the tag name(s), as a "#" is not needed. The exact order of the columns must be followed, click here for an example.
The spreadsheet cannot have additional columns aside from the 4 required columns.
A Card's content must live across 1 row in the spreadsheet, do not merge cells or put content in multiple cells for 1 Title.
We only support
If you want to import iFramed content, use these instructions.
2. Go to the Team Settings page within your Avatar in the Guru web app.
3. Select the Users & Collections tab in the left sidebar
4. Click the Collections tab at the top of the page
5. Click the settings wheel in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the spreadsheet.
6. Select Import Content and then Spreadsheet. You must be an Author in that Collection to import content.
7. Click Select a Spreadsheet File, and choose the spreadsheet to upload. You will be notified via email once Guru completes the migration!
Frequently Asked Questions about Importing Spreadsheets
Can you import Guru Cards that your team has exported from Guru from Card Manager?
Currently, Guru cannot import Guru Cards that you have exported into a downloaded CSV from Card Manager in Guru. As our importer follows a very specific structure to successfully import Boards and Cards into Guru, Guru is unable to import all of the additional information and categories included in the Guru Card export at this time.
Can you import a Guru Collection that has been exported via Content Export as a zip file?
Yes! You can import a Guru Collection that has been exported through Guru's Content Export feature by using the "Guru" option under the Import Content settings found when clicking the gear on the Team Settings > Users & Collections > Collection page.
📑 Related articles