Our Zendesk Sync feature is a part of our Knowledge Sync offerings. Learn more about Guru's Knowledge Sync feature!
Prior to setting up your Zendesk Knowledge Sync, please read ALL instructions and notes below to ensure that your Zendesk instance is in optimal shape for a successful sync into Guru.
Setting up your Zendesk Knowledge Sync:
1. Navigate to the Web App and click on your Avatar on the top-right corner.
2. Select Team Settings from the dropdown selector.
3. Select the Knowledge Sync tab in the left sidebar.
4. Click Sync a New Collection and select Zendesk Sync as the External Account Type.
5. Input your ‘Zendesk Account Host’ field. This is your subdomain, which includes the bolded section of the following: xxxxx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.
Your Zendesk Account host is only the bolded (xxxxx) section shown above. You can find your Zendesk Account Host Field by visiting Zendesk's Help Center here.
6. Click Authorize. Once you’ve authorized your Zendesk Account, you will be prompted to submit a Collection Name and Locale. Your locale includes the highlighted section of the following: xxxxx.zendesk.com/hc/ en-us.
7. Enter a Collection name.
8. Assign a Collection Owner to the Knowledge Sync. The Group you select must have users in it.
9. Turn Verification OFF or ON for the Knowledge Sync.
10. Click Save to initiate Content Sync. This process may take up to 24 hours.
11. Navigate to the Knowledge Tab and select the Collection to which you’ve synced.
12. View your Zendesk Articles as Guru Cards!