You must be an Admin to access the SSO/SCIM page in Team Settings and to set up SSO for your team.
Set up Connection with your Identity Provider
To get started, you’ll need to set up a connection for Guru SSO (also known as a connector) with your Identity Provider (IdP). To set up a connector, you'll need some information from the SSO/SCIM page in Guru.
To access your Guru SSO Integration page:
Things Guru's SSO Integrations page provides
Things you'll need from your IDP
Your Guru Team ID
Guru Single Sign-On URL
IdP Single Sign-On URL
Here is a list of Identity Providers we've worked with in the past:
We only support SSO through Google and standard SAML using a third party identity provider.
Set Up SSO in Guru
Now that you've gathered information from your IdP, an Admin on your team can enable SSO by filling in the required information on your team's SSO/SCIM page.
- Navigate to the SSO/SCIM page in Team Settings in your Guru app.
- Fill in all the required fields with the information you gathered from your IDP:
- Identity Provider Single-Sign on URL
- Identity Provider Issuer
- X.509 Certificate
3. Choose your Provision Type:
- Automatically add users. Guru will add the user to the team the first time they log in via SSO.
- Require users to be invited. You must explicitly invite users to your Guru Team (These users must additionally have access to your IDP.).
4. Select your Session Timeout in days (default = 14 days).
5. When you're ready to turn it on change the SSO state to Enabled.
If you use Google Suite, Google Auth (Logging in via the "Sign in with Google" button on the sign in page) is available on any Guru plan. However, as an Admin you cannot limit end users to only sign in via Google Auth.
📑 Related articles
If you're on our Builder or Expert plans, you can learn more about setting up group provisioning (SCIM) here.