Knowledge Alerts allow users to notify their team of critical new or existing knowledge they need to read, and certify that they've done so.
Learn more about how other teams and Guru use Knowledge Alerts here!
You can only send Knowledge Alerts on Cards that you have Author access on.
Creating a Knowledge Alert
You can assign a Knowledge Alert in two ways, directly on the Card itself or via My Tasks.
Assigning a Knowledge Alert from the Card View
1. Open the Card you would like to assign a Knowledge Alert in either the web app or browser extension.
2. Click the three ellipses "..." along the left-hand side of the Card and select "Send a Knowledge Alert".
3. You will then be prompted to assign the Card to a particular Guru user Group. You can only assign alerts to Groups, not to individual users.
4. If you would like, you can also add a note alongside the Alert (this is optional). Click "Send."
Assigning a Knowledge Alert from My Tasks
1. From your main Dashboard, in the My Tasks panel, click on Knowledge Alerts.
2. Here, you can see all of your Knowledge Alerts.
- The Inbox page displays all Knowledge Alerts that you have been assigned to read. You can view who assigned the Card to you when the Card was assigned, the date it was sent, and any associated notes.
- The Sent page displays all Knowledge Alerts that you have assigned to specific Groups. You can view the date sent, what group you assigned it to, what notes you attached to them, and how many users have read the Card.
You can also delete the Knowledge Alert, send a reminder to the members of the Group who haven’t yet read the Card, and export the viewer data.
3. Click Send a Knowledge Alert in the upper right corner of either the Inbox or Delegated page to Create a Knowledge Alert:
4. You will be prompted to choose a Card, assign it to a Group (or multiple Groups), and add a Note (optional).
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the group I want to send the Knowledge Alert to is not in the available options?
When assigning a group to a Knowledge Alert, the only groups that will show up as options on a Card are Groups that have explicit access to that Card's Collection. So, if you're not seeing a specific group as an option in the list, make sure that Group is added to the Collection's permissions.
What will the Knowledge Alert look like?
Web App View: When a Knowledge Alert has been assigned to a Group (or multiple Groups) to view, all members of the Group(s) will see a highlighted alert in the left column of their main Dashboard showing the total number of Knowledge Alerts they have to read. This total number is also under the My Tasks panel.
Extension View: When a Knowledge Alert has been assigned to a Group (or multiple Groups) to view, all members of the Group(s) will see a banner across the top of their extension alerting them of the number of Knowledge Alerts they have to read.
Card View: When a Knowledge Alert has been assigned to a Group (or multiple Groups) to view, all members of the Group(s) will see a banner across the top of the Knowledge Alert displaying who asked them to read it and the associated notes (if they were created with a note).
When Group Members select I Read It the data will be reflected in the Knowledge Alerts section of My Tasks under the Sent Page.
Reminding Users of Knowledge Alert(s)
If some of the members of the Group(s) you sent a Knowledge Alert haven’t viewed it yet, you can Send a Reminder. To do so, hover over the far right-hand side of the Knowledge Alert until the "bell" icon, and select "Send a Reminder."
Sending this reminder will only remind those Group members who haven’t read the Knowledge Alert yet.
Deleting a Knowledge Alert
If you want to remove a Knowledge Alert that you have delegated, hover over the far right-hand side of the Knowledge Alert until the trash can icon, and select Delete Knowledge Alert.
Review Knowledge Alerts Assigned to You
Inbox of Alerts:
When a Knowledge Alert has been assigned to you, you’ll get a notification to read the Card.
You can view all of these Knowledge Alerts in the Inbox of My Tasks.
- Click on the Card Title in the Inbox to view the Card.
- Within the Card, select the “I Read It” button and the Knowledge will disappear from your Inbox.
Exporting Knowledge Alert Data
You can export your data on a specific Knowledge Alert to see what users in the Group have read or have not read the Card.
- Navigate to My Tasks > Knowledge Alerts.
- Select the Sent tab.
- Click on the Knowledge Alert in question, and click on the Send spreadsheet via email arrow button under Reader Analytics.