Tags greatly enhance searching for information in Guru, but as your content grows in size, you'll need a way to organize your tags via Categories.
Only Admins and Authors can access the Tag Manager and create tag Categories.
Creating tag categories
- Navigate to your avatar found in the top right corner of the web app and select Team Settings then the Tag Management tab in the left sidebar.
- From there, you will see your ungrouped tags on the right side of the tag Manager under "Create a new tag". On the left, you will see Categories and categorized tags.
- To add a Category, enter the desired name into the Create new tag category section and press enter. You can always edit the name of the Category by hovering over it and clicking the pencil icon.
Adding a tag to a category
- Drag the tag from the right side of Tag Manager into the appropriate Category. Tags can only exist in one Category. Thus, they are a great way to differentiate tags of the same name that pertain to separate subjects.
- Click on the tag to open up the Tag Settings. Here, you can edit the tag's name, assign it to a Category, delete it, or merge it with other tags.
- Finally, you can automatically add a net new tag within a Category by clicking "Add a Tag" in the Category field: