Insert videos, files and webpages directly into Guru Cards. This process can be helpful when referencing training videos, spreadsheets, presentations, files and external FAQs. Iframes ensure that your team can easily digest the information from the Card and it automatically updates as you make changes to the original file.
Embedding iFrames from Google Docs or Sheets
Copy the Google Doc or Sheets link from the URL bar
Start a new iframe block in the Card.
Paste the Google Drive URL into the iframe pop-up. You can also embed a video by selecting video after entering the slash command in the body of a Card.
If you’d like to edit the iframe, access iframe options by clicking the carrot in the top-left of your embedded iframe. You can also adjust the height of the iframe by clicking the iframe and then dragging the shaded bar at the bottom of the iframe.
The Google doc will load using your current Google credentials that are in the browser. This means that Google is managing the access to the Google doc.
Embedding an iFrame from Google Slides (in "Present" Mode):
1. Your team can easily access Google Slides in 'present' mode right in a Guru Card.
2. Click File and then Publish to the Web. Make sure that you uncheck 'Require users to sign-in with their account" if it is selected.
Publishing to Web will not surface your document in any search results in the web since the doc is being published to a private site - Guru.
3. Click 'Embed'. Copy the entire Embed field.
4. In the Guru Card, click the "Markdown" icon (box with a pen) in the editing bar.
5. Paste the copied 'Embed' code into the Markdown box
6. Paste the embed code directly into a new line on a Guru card. The presentation will appear.
7. Drag the shaded bar at the bottom of the card to adjust its size.
Embedding a Google Form
When in edit mode on the form, click on the Send button
Click on Send via HTML
Copy the Embed HTML code
Open up a Markdown block in a Guru Card, and paste the code into it
You can view how the form will look by clicking on Preview
Embedding a private video from Google Drive:
Open the video in Drive.
Click the ellipses in the upper right hand corner.
Select Embed item from the drop down menu. (If this option isn't available, click Open in New Window, and you should see the embed option in the drop down menu of the new window.)
Copy the HTML code.
In the Guru Card you'd like to embed the video, click the Markdown icon (box with a pen) in the editing bar.
Paste the copied HTML code into the Markdown box
Click Preview to ensure the video has embedded.
Only users who have permission to view the video in Google Drive will be able to view the video in the Guru Card. Any other user will see a page where they can request access to view the video from the owner.
📑 Related articles