You can assign a Verifier to Cards in Synced Collections to bring the power of verification to knowledge pulled from an external source. You can complete this when setting up a new Knowledge Sync or with existing Synced Collections.
You must be an Admin to set up verification in a synced Collection.
Assigning a Verifier in a new Synced Collection
When setting up a new Knowledge Sync, you can assign a Verifier to a new Collection. Follow these instructions to create a new Synced Collection. Guru will show you the option to enable Verification for the Synced Collection in the setup modal.
- New Synced Collections will have Verification defaulted to OFF, so you'll need to toggle it ON to enable this feature.
- The Verifier will default to the Collection Owner Group you've selected. You can override this choice on an individual Card or in bulk by using the Card Manager. ALL Groups in your Guru team, no matter their permissions, will populate in this dropdown.
- The verification interval will be set to default to 3 months, but you can adjust this when setting up your Collection or on the individual Card to your desired interval or specific date.
NOTE: In order to enable Verification for a Synced Collection, you'll need to assign a Collection Owner Group to the Collection. You can learn more about the Collection Owner role here.
Assigning a Verifier in an existing Synced Collection
To set up Verification for an existing Synced Collection, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Collections page in Team Settings.
- Scroll to the Synced Collection where you'd like to set up Verification. Select the Settings wheel icon in the upper-right hand corner and select Collection Settings.
- Here, you'll see the option to Enable Verification for this Synced Collection. Toggle this option ON.
- Select your desired Default Verifier and verification interval for this Collection. You can override these settings on an individual Card or in bulk by using the Card Manager. The Verifying Group will automatically be added to this Collection with Author permissions.
- Select Save. Now, you'll be able to verify Cards within your Synced Collection!
When do Cards become verified in Synced Collections?
- The Verifying Group or individual verifies the Card in Guru
- The content in the original source is updated. The next time that the content syncs with Guru (which occurs approximately every 4 hours), the Cards will become Verified and users will receive notifications that this was the case if they previously requested verification