Embedding a PDF into a Guru Card
If the PDF lives in Google Drive:
- Navigate to the PDF document in Drive
- Make sure that the share settings are set so that your Guru team has access
- Click the three dot menu and select Open in New Window
- Open the three dot menu in the new window and select Embed Item
- From the pop-up box, you'll see an HTML code. Copy ONLY the URL in the iFrame code.
- Navigate back to Guru, and insert an iFrame tool from the top of the editor.
- Paste the copied URL in the link box, and drag the iFrame up/down/left/right according to your needs.
Using the above method ensures that any Guru Cards that are linked within the PDF open as a pop-up through the Guru extension - not in a new tab. If that is your preference, we recommend uploading the PDF to Google Drive and following those steps.
If the PDF lives on your computer:
- Upload the PDF to the Guru Card using the file upload icon in Guru.
- Once the PDF is uploaded, right-click on the link and select Copy Link Address
- Add a new iFrame to the Card (you can type the shortcut /iframe) and paste the URL into the iFrame field
- Click the checkmark to finish the iFrame
- Adjust the iFrame window as needed