After you have exported a Guru Collection as a .zip file, you can re-import it into Guru. This feature may be useful when you are moving a Collection from one team to another or restoring a backup of a Collection.
You must be an Admin or Collection Owner to import exported content into Guru.
How to Import Exported Guru Content into Guru
1. Navigate to Team Settings
2. Click on the Users & Collections tab on the left hand side of the page and the Collections tab at the top of the page
3. Click the gear icon at the top right corner of the Collection that you want to import content into & select Import Content.
4. Select Guru from the options to import your content from an existing source.
5. Click Select a .zip file and open the zip file of the Collection exported through the Guru Content Export,
6. Once you select your Guru zip file from your downloaded files, the job will be queued. This job can exceed 30 minutes depending on your file size.
7. An email will be sent to the email address you use to sign into Guru once this import is complete.
8. You're done! Start using and sharing this Guru knowledge with your team.
1. Can I import Cards exported through Card Manager back into Guru?
- At this time, Guru can only import Guru Collections that have been exported through our Content Export feature.
- If you would like to request a feature to import Cards exported through Card Manager, send feedback to email@example.com!
2. Can I import .zip files from my personal drive that are not exported from Guru?
- Yes! You can import zip files into Guru using the Other option when you select Import Content on the Collection page.
- Note that this file must follow a specific structure and format to be interpreted and successfully imported into Guru.