Our card linking functionality enables Guru users to affirmatively link a Card to a ticket, indicating that the Card was used to solve the ticket. This makes it simple and efficient for users to report what content they used to solve tickets, and provides team Admins with insight into successful articles and content gaps.
Ticket linking is available for Expert and Enterprise plans only. Only users with Admin permission can enable this for the team.
Setting up Ticket Linking
- An Admin on your Guru team will need to enable this feature for your whole team by navigating to Team Settings and selecting Ticket Linking from the left-hand panel.
- Enable ticket linking for the tool of your choice. Currently, we support LivePerson and Zendesk Tickets only.
Using Ticket Linking
- When your team member opens the Guru extension over Zendesk or LivePerson, a Link to Ticket option will appear in the bottom left-hand corner of the Guru Card.
- The user simply needs to check that box to confirm that they used this Guru card on the ticket they’re on. Guru will store this information about the related Guru Card and support ticket for future analysis.
Reviewing Cards used for Ticket Linking
- To review Cards used for Ticket Linking, open the Guru extension over Zendesk or LivePerson and click on your Avatar. Then, select Ticket Linking Reports from the dropdown.
- When opened over a Zendesk or LivePerson ticket, you will see the associated Card(s) your team has used when solving that ticket. You will also see the Zendesk ticket number appear.
- If you are not on a Zendesk or LivePerson ticket, this view in the Extension will say No Ticket Found. If your team members did not ever link a Guru Card to this ticket, this view in the Extension will say No Cards were linked to this ticket.
Collecting Ticket Linking Analytics
You can use Guru's API to pull a list of all ticket IDs that an Agent has linked a Guru Card to along with user information, date and Card ID. You can read more about the specific API endpoint to use on our Developer documentation here.