In order to set up Okta Push Groups (SCIM) you must first set up Okta SSO. You must be an Admin to set up Okta Push Groups.
Please make sure you have SCIM toggled on in Guru to avoid any issues with set up. If you do not have SCIM togged on, you may receive a "Forbidden" Error in Okta.
Setting up Push Groups for Okta
1. Turn ON SCIM at the bottom of the SSO Integrations page
2. Inside of the Guru Okta App, navigate to the Provisioning tab and click on the API Integration setting.
3. Click the checkbox to enable the API Integration and then paste in the Username and Token (Password) from step one, then click Save.
You can click on Test API Credentials to ensure that the credentials are accurate. Click Save.
4. Click Edit next to the Provisioning to App settings. From here, you should enable the Create Users, Update User Attributes, and Deactivate Users settings. Under Create Users, ensure that the default username is set to Email. If it is not set to email, you must navigate to the Sign On tab and change it there.
If Deactivate Users is not enabled, users who are removed from Okta will still exist in Guru and will continue to be billed. Click Save.
5. Navigate to the Assignments tab and assign the people or groups you'd like to add to Guru.
Adding groups in the assignments tab does not create a group in Guru, it simply adds the users in those groups to Guru. This allows you to add users in batches, rather than individually.
6. Navigate to the Push Groups tab in Okta. This is where you will add groups from Okta into Guru.
If the name of the Okta group has the same name as an existing group in Guru, Okta will sync with the Guru group once you click save. This will add the users in the Okta group to the existing Guru group. All users previously in Guru group before sync, will remain in the group.
📑 Related articles