Our Confluence Knowledge Sync feature is a part of our Knowledge Sync offerings. Learn more about Guru's Knowledge Sync feature!
Prior to setting up your Confluence Knowledge Sync, please read ALL instructions and notes below to ensure that your Confluence instance is in optimal shape for a successful sync into Guru.
Only users with Admin permission can set up a Knowledge Sync.
Setting up your Confluence Knowledge Sync:
1. In Guru's web app, click your avatar on the top-right and select Team Settings from the drop-down options
2. Select the Knowledge Sync tab in the left sidebar
3. Select Sync a New Collection and then select Confluence Cloud.
Guru can only sync from Confluence Cloud - not Confluence On-Premise. If you are not sure what version you currently use, reach out to us and we can help you determine that before you go any further!
4. Enter your Confluence sub-domain and space abbreviation (to find this in Confluence, navigate to Space Settings. The space abbreviation is found under key.)
5. Now, you'll need to obtain your API Token from Confluence, which you can do following these instructions.
6. On this site, click Create API Token and enter a name (ex. Guru Content Sync).
7. Copy the API Token from Confluence and insert it into the Guru integrations page.
You may want to store your Confluence API token elsewhere in case you need to reference it in the future.
8. Enter the email address you used to generate the Confluence API Token in the User Email field.
9. Enter a name for your new Guru Collection (ex. Confluence Content) and select a color.
10. Click Create to initiate the sync. This process may take up to 24 hours.
11. Click back to the Knowledge tab to see your new Collection of Confluence-synced Cards.
12. Once your initial Knowledge Sync is completed, this Collection will update every 4 hours to reflect recent changes in the content from the Confluence Space.
Guru's Confluence Sync will sync the entire Space from Confluence.
📑 Related Articles