Changing or Resetting your Password
Roles: Read Only, Authors, Admins
If you enter your credentials to log into Guru natively: learn how to change your password below.
If you log in to Guru using Google's SSO (Single Sign On): Guru is using the password from your Google account. To change this password, you must do so inside your Google account.
How to change your password in the Guru extension
- Open the Guru browser extension.
- Navigate to Settings by clicking your avatar in the upper left hand corner.
- Choose 'Preferences'.
- Below your email, select 'Change Password'.
- Complete the fields and confirm the action by clicking 'Update'.
How to reset your Guru password
A Guru Team's admin cannot reset the password for a user on their team, a user must reset their own password.
- Navigate to app.getguru.com
- Click Forgot? below the Password box.
- On the next screen, enter the email address that corresponds to your Guru account (Be sure to check the spelling.)
- Click Reset Password
- You'll receive a link in an email to confirm your identity so you can reset your password.