Setting Up and Using Pins
With Pins, you can make sure your team has relevant knowledge based on where they are in their workflow. Read on to learn how to push content to their fingertips as they view specific websites or web apps.
How to Pin a Card to a Website or App
- Navigate to the desired website or app. With Pins the Card will only be connected to that exact URL, so if the URL is dynamic and changes frequently Context (Pro) will better suit your needs.
- Open the Guru extension and find the Card you'd like to pin to the page. Several types of Cards are commonly pinned, including those containing:
- Information related to logging into or using a certain web app.
- Stats and specs on a competitor.
- Details about a new product.
- Click the pin icon in the bottom right corner of the Card.
4) When someone on your team visits that specific URL, the Guru icon will wave, indicating there's important knowledge associated with the page! By opening the Guru extension, the pinned Card(s) are automatically pushed to the user's attention for their consumption.