Adding the Guru Extension
Roles: Read Only, Author, Admin
Adding the extension is crucial to realizing Guru's potential for increased efficiency and access to information from your workflow.
- Guru is available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera. We plan on developing and releasing a Microsoft Edge extension.
How to Add the Chrome Extension
- Once you have installed the extension into your Chrome browser and sign in, you will be brought to Guru's onboarding wizard which will introduce you to the key concepts by helping you create your first Guru card.
How to Add the Firefox Extension
- The Guru Firefox Extension is a Mozilla validated, unlisted Add-on that can be installed from the Guru web application.
- Download the Add-on file to your local computer by clicking here.
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- To add the downloaded Guru Add-on to the list of available add-ons, drag and drop the file into the Add-ons window. The add-on is added to the list.
- The installation process should begin.
- Once you have installed the Extension into your Firefox browser, you will be brought to Guru's on-boarding wizard and in-app cues, which will introduce you to the key concepts and creation of your first Guru Card. It will take about 5 minutes to be up and running.
How to Install the Safari Extension
Guru's Safari Extension has been approved by Apple, but due to limitations we've identified in Safari, you cannot copy or share Guru Cards/Boards via the Safari extension or web app.
- We understand that this is a poor user experience and intend on supporting copy and share when Safari offers that functionality.
- Updates on Safari's progress are available here.
- Due to Apple's review process updates made to the extension will likely not be available for a few weeks.
If you would like to utilize it, the Guru Safari extension can be accessed here.
How to Install the Opera Extension
- Once you install the extension into your Opera browser and sign in, you will be brought to Guru's onboarding wizard which will introduce you to the key concepts by helping you create your first Guru card.