Utilizing Content Performance Analytics
Roles: Authors & Admins
With Content Performance Analytics you can measure the total amount of opportunities influenced, identify top performers, and best understand what assets to send at what stages of the buyer's journey. Combine our Content Performance with your knowledge analytics to identify trends and gaps that inform the entirety of your asset strategy.
How to Utilize Content Performance Analytics
- To see these analytics, navigate to web app and select Analytics from the left navigation bar.
- The Content Performance tab displays information on the opportunities influenced, and the Content Performance Tracking analytics provide a breakdown of the information sent by rep/Card and the click status.
- Performance is measured by the click of the prospect on the tracked link. The prospect is defined as the contact in Salesforce, which is associated with the opportunity and account to provide data on deal size and stage. The deal size determines the dollar values shown, and stage is also tracked to help to understand where in the sales process the opportunity was influenced.
Influenced Opportunity Value
- Influenced opportunity value shows the total amount of the pipeline that clicked on tracked content.
- This number is the sum of the deal sizes (as taken from Salesforce) that interacted with tracked links. A deal is added to this calculation when a contact from the account clicks a tracked link. Each opportunity is only added to this calculation once, regardless of the number of tracked links they receive/click.
Card Influenced Opportunity Value
- The influence broken down by Card chart allows you to see which pieces of content specifically influenced opportunities.
- Click 'Opportunities Influenced' or 'Influenced Opportunity Value' to see which specific opportunities interacted with the content on the listed Card.
- The graph next to influenced opportunity value provides a visualization, by Card, of the influenced opportunity value listed in the chart.
- The Content Performance dashboard allows you to define the date and Salesforce Stage parameters for all of the results.
- To define a time parameter for your statistics, mouse over the date filter on the right and click the pencil. Then, select a timeframe or a specific date range on a calendar. All results will reflect the time filter you select.
- To filter by stage, mouse over the 'Opportunity Stage' filter on the right and click the pencil. Then, select the Stages you'd like to see to gain greater insight into how certain content is impacting different stages of the sales process.
Content Performance Tracking The tracking dashboard provides insight by day into all the tracked links the sales team is sending, the stage at which the asset was sent, the deal size, and whether or not the prospect interacted with the link.
- To utilize the Content Performance Tracking analytics, navigate to the web app and select 'Analytics' from the left hand navigation bar. Then, select the 'Content Performance Tracking' tab.
- This view shows you by date all of the tracked content that was sent. Particularly it provides insight to the Guru user that sent the content, the Card from which they copied the content, the Salesforce information (Account, Opportunity, Stage, and the Contact), as well as whether or not it has been clicked.
- By mousing over the filters on the right side of the page and clicking the pencil icon you can filter this information by status (clicked or not), user (Guru user that sent the content), opportunity stage, account, and date.
- The Content Performance tracking view allows you to see the activity of your team, which can allow you to assess the links they're sending that aren't being clicked as well as the frequency with which they're sending assets. This information allows you to better coach your sales team on the assets they should be sending, when to share certain content, as well as how to present certain assets. As a marketing organization you can utilize this information to evaluate which assets aren't influencing opportunities for your company.