Archiving and Deleting Cards
Roles: Authors, Admins
Sometimes information is no longer applicable or needed in Guru. Archiving a card will remove it from regular search, but it retains the ability to be restored. Permanently deleting a card will remove it from Guru completely.
How to Archive a Card
- Open the card you wish to archive. Cards that are redundant should be archived so that there is no confusion over what content your team should be using!
- Click the ellipsis on the left side of the card.
- Select 'Archive' and click to confirm the action. Once a Card is archived it no longer appears in search results and if it is included in Context or Pins it will display archived at the top.
- If you'd like to archive multiple Cards at once, you can do so in the Card Manager, learn about bulk actions here.
How to Unarchive a Card
- Go to the Guru web app (app.getguru.com) and select 'Card Manager' from the left navigation bar.
- Select the Archive tab next to Cards and Questions.
- You can see who archived a Card and when it was done by clicking the Displayed Attributes icon, then selecting 'Last Modified By' and 'Last Modified'.
- Select the Card(s) you want to unarchive by clicking in the checkbox(es) to the left of the Card title.
- Restore the Card(s) by selecting the Unarchive icon in the top bar, located next to the trash can icon:
- If the unarchived Cards were previously on a Board, they will reappear there.
How to Permanently Delete a Card
- The Admin and Author roles are required to permanently delete Cards.
- In the Card Manager, select the Archived tab next to Cards and Questions.
- Select the Card(s) you wish to permanently delete.
- Click the Trash Can icon in the top bar.
- Confirm your action to permanently delete the Card(s) from Guru.