Recovering Card Drafts
Need to find a lost Card you were editing in Guru? Guru autosaves drafts of new and pre-existing Cards so you can recover your work!
How to Recover Card Drafts
- Navigate to Card Manager in the Guru web app (app.getguru.com) or click into the Cards screen in the extension.
- Click the 'Recovered' tab in the Card Manager to view all of the Cards with recovered work. You can also access this via the Cards Screen in the extension by clicking the filters (displayed with a sift icon and 'All Cards') and choose 'Recovered Cards'.
- Drafts of both new and pre-existing Cards are found under this tab.
- Click on the recovered Card you would like to continue editing. The recovered work will display when editing the Card.
- You can also edit the recovered version of a pre-existing Card by searching for the Card in the extension or web app (app.getguru.com), and clicking the pencil icon to edit.
- Autosave does not allow concurrent editing of Cards.
- Closing the recovered Card before saving your changes will result in permanently losing your draft.
- Finish your work and click to save the Card.
Specifications and Additive Information
- If you and a co-worker are simultaneously editing a Card, each of you will be able to access your version as a recovered Card. However, only one of these autosaved versions can be saved. Auto-save is meant to track each users' edits in case they need to recover their work, and not to combine separate recovered edits when saving a Card. This means that Auto-save does not support concurrent editing.
- If you lose a Card, a notification directing you to the lost work will appear in your @mentions after five minutes.