Importing Content into Guru from Confluence
Roles: Authors, Admins
Guru uses a migrator tool that automates the migration process once the Confluence Pages are in the zip files. Follow the steps below to migrate your knowledge from Confluence to Guru. See here for more on Guru's migration options.
How to Migrate Content into Guru from Confluence
- In Confluence, Go to the Page/Space you would like to import to Guru (You can click on the 'Spaces' dropdown to access all your spaces)
- Click "Space tools" located on the bottom left of the page.
- Select "Content Tools" from the dropdown menu.
- On the Content Tools page, select the "Export" item
- Select "XML" and then click "Next".
- Make sure "Custom Report" is selected. Then deselect "include comments" and all the Pages (this is to save time on your export from Confluence). Then select all the Pages you would like to export.
- Click "Export".
- Confluence will now begin to load an export directory for your Confluence Space. It may take some time depending on the file sizes.
- Once the process is completed, click "Download Here" to save the zipped file of your Confluence Pages.
- Once you have a zipped file of your Confluence Space, go to the team screen in the Guru web app (https://app.getguru.com/#/team).
- Click the 'Collections' tab.
- Click the settings wheel in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the Confluence content.
- Select 'Import Content' and then 'Confluence'
- You must be an author in that Collection to import content.
- Click 'Select Confluence Zip File', and choose the downloaded zip file from Confluence.
- Your file will be uploaded to the migrator tool, and the job will the be queued. Due to the nature of these jobs, the general waiting time can exceed 30 minutes.
- An email will be sent once this migration is complete.