Creating Groups allows you organize team members, so that you can control member access privileges and segment experts on your team as content verifiers. Groups also allow the team to easily ask questions, select verifiers, and @mention the specific people they need. With Groups differentiated, a rep can easily ask a question and choose the Engineering Experts Group to answer for example. This ensures that they're asking the appropriate people. Also, with rep Groups segmented by department within a Collection you can easily @mention the Outside Sales Reps to alert them of new knowledge without notifying all reps, which ensures your notifications remain relevant.
How to Create Groups
- Navigate to the Team screen, where the Team and Groups are managed in the web app (app.getguru.com/#/team). You can also access the Team screen by clicking settings in the extension (your avatar) and selecting 'Team', which will redirect you to the Team screen.
- Click the 'Groups' Tab and 'Create A Group'
- Title the Group.
- Click 'Save Changes'
- Click the name of the newly saved Group, and then type the name(s) of the users you'd like to add to the Group, and press enter. You can add multiple users at once. Groups confer Role, with users assuming highest permissioning of the Groups they are in within a Collection.
- Once you're done adding users to the Group, click 'Add to Group'. This action creates the Group.
- Go to the Collections tab to add the Group to Collections and ensure they can access the Content they need.
- Click into the Collection you would like the Group to access and search for that Group.
- Select 'Allow Access' and click the arrow to determine their role in the Collection and whether or not they have priority search.
- Roles can be determined on a Collection by Collection basis and should reflect the expertise of the Group. For example, in the Support Collection the Support Managers would be authors, but they would be read only in the Product FAQs Collection. Learn more about permissions based on Roles here.