Answering a Question
Answering a question via Guru Q&A allows you to grow your knowledge base organically; your answer is automatically turned into a Card that your team can continually reference. Additionally, Guru utilizes your answers to learn from your team and improve search.
How to Answer a Question
- Select the question you would like to answer from the Questions section of your Notifications queue. When someone on your team asks you a question, you’ll get an email or Slack notification and a pink dot on will appear on Guru’s Notifications queue:
- Choose 'Resolve' or 'View', depending on whether you would like to answer the question or leave a comment to ask for additional information.
- To answer the Question, click 'Resolve' and select either 'Answer with New Card' to compose a new title and Card content and include files or images if you wish, 'Answer with Existing Card' if the information is already in Guru, or 'Archive' if the question is no longer relevant or needed.
- If you choose 'Answer with Existing Card', you'll be asked to search for the Card you want from the Collections to which both you and the question asker have access. Select the check mark next to the appropriate Card and then press 'Save'.
- If you choose 'Answer with New Card', click “Save” after you compose the answer in the text box to turn it into a Card - it's now part of your team's knowledge!
- Once the answer is saved, you can adjust the verification interval to reflect how often you would like the Card to be updated.
- To reply to the initial comment and request greater detail and/or loop in another team member, click 'View'. From here, click 'Comment' and type your comment in the box and/or @mention the appropriate members or Groups of your team. Anyone mentioned will also see the Question in their Notifications queue.
- If you or someone in the conversation commented with the best answer to the question, you can mouse over the reply, click the ellipsis, and select 'Use as Answer'.
How to Reassign a Question
- Select the question you would like to answer from your Notifications queue under the Questions section.
- Select the 'View' option to open the Question.
- At the bottom left of the Question window is the 'Answerer' field. To change the designated answerer to the person or Group who is better suited to answer it, click 'Change', select the appropriate person or Group, and click 'OK' to save.
- You've reassigned the question! That user or Group will receive a notification alerting them of this action.