Importing Content into Guru: Overview
Roles: Authors, Admins
The power of Guru is the immediate accessibility of your content. Our content migration options will expedite the process of importing your existing content, so your team can experience the benefit of Guru right away.
How to Migrate Content into Guru
Guru offers in-app migration options, as well as our API to expedite content creation and availability of your meaningful knowledge. Please note that these migration options are only visible to Admins, though Authors should have awareness that these migration options are available. Here are the systems and/or formats we currently support:
- Export and then load your Confluence spaces into your Guru account using our in-app instructions. To utilize this feature navigate to the Team Setting in the web app (app.getguru.com/#/team). Click the Collections Tab, then click the settings gear on the top right hand corner of the chosen Collection for import. Then select Import Content and click on the Confluence option. Follow the instructions that will guide you on exporting your Confluence pages and migrating them into Guru.
- Importing a spreadsheet into Guru is as simple as following the instructions above in accessing the Team Setting, Collections tab and applicable gear in the Collection for import. Once there, select Spreadsheet and follow the instructions in migrating your
- We can migrate the content from your Zendesk help site, using our simple, in-app instructions. Follow the instructions above in accessing the Team Setting, Collections tab and applicable gear in the Collection for import and select the Zendesk Help icon to begin.
- We can migrate your public Desk.com help center via our simple, in-app instructions. Follow the instructions above in accessing the Team Setting, Collections tab and applicable gear icon in the Collection for import and select the Desk.com Help icon to begin.
- Leverage our JSON based RESTful API to import your existing content into Guru. Reach out to us for the API docs and authentication information.
Stay tuned for additional formats/doc management systems we'll be supporting! If your existing repository is not listed above, give us a shout. Select "Contact Us" on the bottom of the left navigation bar in the Web App or click your avatar in the extension.
Please note: When importing existing content into Guru, it's important to update the information in advance, so your team can trust the knowledge in Guru right away.