Accessing and Installing the Slack Integration
Guru's Slack Bot allows you to search your Cards and capture knowledge from your chat conversations as Guru Cards. In addition, you can verify Cards, answer questions, receive notifications, set up activity feeds, and of course surface your content, all without leaving Slack!
How to Enable the Guru Slack Bot
- Navigate to the Team screen (app.getguru.com/#/team).
- On the Team screen, click the 'Add to Slack' button located just below domain settings. This will then take you to Slack to complete the setup. (Even if you already enabled the initial Slack integration and it says 'Added', click 'Add to Slack'.)
- When you click 'Add to Slack' and complete the steps, Guru is going to map your users by matching to their Slack email address. This way, everyone on your Guru Team will have access to the Guru bot.
- If there are discrepancies, those people will not be mapped. When they go to use the bot for the first time you (the admin) will get a message allowing you to connect them to a Guru user.
- If someone is not on the Guru team and uses the Guru bot for the first time, you (the admin) will receive a message inviting you to either add them to your team or deny their request.
- Meet Guru bot!... Once the set up process is complete, Guru bot will introduce itself and tell you what it can do. If you ever forget the appropriate command for what you want to do, just type "help" in your direct message with Guru and it will lay out all the available actions. You can also invite the Guru bot to any channel by typing /invite @guru.
- If anyone on your team does not get an introduction to the Guru bot, they can find it by searching @Guru in their direct message options.