Assessing User and Team Analytics
Roles: Authors, Admins
The Analytics section allows you to track your entire team's usage over the selected time period. By showing all Guru active user events, which include each time a user views, copies, searches, verifies or edits a Card, Analytics provides you with valuable insight into team trends.
How to Interpret Usage
- Navigate to Analytics by selecting it from the left navigation bar in the web app (app.getguru.com).
- Assess the team usage chart. This shows shows all Guru active user events, which include each time a user views, copies, searches, verifies or edits a Card. There will always be fluctuations, but overall, strong teams will continually reach the same usage highs.
- Below the chart you can see team usage broken down by individual user. This allows you to evaluate adoption and understand how specific members of the team are contributing to overall usage. Team members use Guru at differing amounts based on their role and use case; what's important is that a majority of Guru users are consistently engaged in the product.
- To view weekly usage by user (instead of monthly), right-click on the date in the ‘User by Usage’ section and select 'Weeks'.
- You can further assess an individual's usage by clicking on the number next to their name.
- The ‘Most Popular Cards’ section tells you the Cards they’ve viewed the most. This information allows you to determine which Cards are providing the greatest utility to a user. This can be particularly helpful when looking to determine how top performing reps are spending their time, or if new reps have viewed their required material.
- The pie chart provides a breakdown as to all of the events they’ve completed in Guru. Mousing over a specific section will tell you how many events led to that percentage showing. With this information, you can see exactly how members of your team are investing their time in Guru.
Adjusting the Timeframe and Collections
- The Analytics dashboard allows you to define the date and Collection parameters for all of the results.
- To define a time parameter for your statistics, mouse over the date filter on the right and click the pencil. Then, select a timeframe or a specific date range on a calendar. All results will reflect the time filter you select.
- To filter by Collection in Analytics, mouse over the Collection filter on the right and click the pencil. Then, select the Collection(s) to gain greater insight into how your team is interacting with certain topics. All results then reflect the filter of Collections you select. This information allows you to coach your team based on the content areas that you manage.