Importing Content into Guru using Spreadsheets
Roles: Authors, Admins
Easily import and organize your knowledge into Guru with our Spreadsheet tool by following the steps below. See here for more on Guru's migration options.
- Create a spreadsheet with the following 4 columns in the same order on the first sheet:
- Title - required
- Content - required
- Boards - comma separated
- Tags - comma separated
- DO NOT include "#" in the tag name(s), as it is added automatically upon import
- The exact order of the columns must be followed, click here for an example.
- The spreadsheet can have NO ADDITIONAL COLUMNS besides the 4 required
- A Card's content must live across 1 row in the spreadsheet. Do NOT merge cells or put content in multiple cells for 1 Title.
- We only support
- Go to the Team screen in the Guru web app (https://app.getguru.com/#/team).
- Click the Collections tab.
- Click the settings wheel in the top right of the Collection where you want to import the spreadsheet.
- Select Import Content and then Spreadsheet
- You must be an Author in that Collection to import content.
- Click Select A Spreadsheet File, and choose the speadsheet to upload.
- You will be notified via email once Guru completes the migration!