Adding a Card to a Board/Section
Boards allow you to visually organize your Cards. Add Cards to your Boards to easily track the content you've created by topic and create a curated experience for your team.
4 Ways to Add Cards to a Board
When working in Guru's web app (app.getguru.com), click the pencil icon next to the Board's name. In this edit view, you can create a new Section, create a new Card directly onto the Board, or add existing Cards to the Board.
- To add existing Cards, click 'Add Existing Cards' and use the search bar that opens on the right side to find Cards and drag them onto the Board. To drag multiple Cards at once, simply select the Cards you would like and then drag just as you did with one Card. As a note, only Cards that are located in the Collection you're working in will surface for you to select and add to a Board.
- The Cards will not be added to the Board until the blue position indicator line appears.
To create a net-new Card and add it automatically to the Board, click 'Create New Card on this Board' in the top right corner. When you create the Card and click Save, this Card will be added to Guru, the Board, and the Collection in which the Board lives.
Add Cards to a Board in bulk by using the Card Manager. From Guru's web app, choose 'Card Manager' from the left navigation bar. Select the Cards you would like add to the Board. Only Cards in one Collection can be added to a Board; Guru indicates and disables actions when you've chosen Cards from multiple Collections. Once the Cards are selected, click on the Board icon.
Next, choose the Board to which you would like to bulk add the selected Cards. Finally, click 'Save' to complete the bulk addition of Cards. If you'd like to remove Cards from a Board in bulk, choose the 'Remove from Board(s)' option after clicking the Board icon.
You can edit an individual Card's Boards by clicking the ellipsis on the Card and selecting Boards. There you can add it to other Boards (within the Collection) by typing the name of the Board and pressing enter. You can also remove the Card from a Board by clicking the 'x' on a Board name.
How to Add a Card to a Section
- To create a new Section, click the pencil icon next to a Board's name to edit it, then select 'Create New Section'.
- Once the Section has been created and saved, you can simply drag Cards already on the Board into the Section.
- If the Card does not yet exist, you can click 'Create New Card', then drag it into the appropriate Section.
- The Cards will not be added to the Section until the blue position indicator line appears.