Rolling Out Guru: Best Practices
Roles: Authors, Admins
When rolling out Guru, it's essential that the team realizes the value of Guru immediately. With that in mind, reps should review the system, hear their manager explain the efficiencies they hope to gain, and most importantly, perform a search and find the information they need. Additionally, they should be taken through the process of Q&A when information they need cannot be found.
Key details to convey:
- The value you hope to gain for the reps: the ability to find the information they need when they need it and where they're working.
- The value you hope to gain for the leadership: with less shoulder tapping, they can more effectively manage and support the team.
- The information reps can find in Guru: especially how to search, and the meaning of verification/knowing when their information is up to date. Showing them relevant examples in your account will impress upon them the immediate ways in which Guru can help them.
- How to utilize Q&A as a means to get additional information.
Implementing Guru, like any other system, requires a change in habits.
6 tips TO help encourage GURU use after the initial roll out:
- Reinforce Guru use by re-directing inbound questions you receive to Guru. Suggest they search for the answer in Guru as the first course of action.
- When a rep asks a question with an answer in Guru, send them the Guru Card link or share it in your messaging/collaboration solution (i.e. Slack). Alternatively, instead of answering the question, you can remind them to first search in Guru. Both methods reinforce that Guru should be their first resource.
- Take advantage of Guru's robust Q&A feature. When someone types their question, Guru Q&A cross-references to existing Cards to reduce repeat questions, automatically turns answers into Cards, and when you answer with an existing Card, Guru learns your team's terminology and surfs Cards accordingly going ahead.
- Utilize the list of "Searches Producing No Results" in the Team Insights email and Analytics (Pro edition) to add content that your team is searching for but not finding. This communicates to them that Guru is an evolving resource, as well as allows you to proactively add content prior to a question.
- Set up Guru Context (Pro edition) to have Guru suggest relevant information. This encourages adoption because it assembles your team's information for them and allows managers to ensure they're seeing the most meaningful information for their situation.
- Utilize the Guru bot in Slack to notify your team when new content is added and help them access Guru as they're collaborating with the team.