Answering Questions in Slack
Asked a question in Slack and want to catalog your answer for the rest of the team? Guru bot for Slack can help you do just that.
How To Answer Questions in Slack
React to a posed question with the heavy red question mark :question:
- This action searches your Guru account for relevant content related to those search terms.
Guru Bot will display the search results related to the posed question in your Direct Message chat with the Guru Bot.
Answer the posed question with one of these three actions:
- Select the most relevant Card to answer the question. Guru Bot will then post your selected Card as a response to the posed question in the original Channel.
- If from that search you can't find the Card containing your desired response, you can refine your search by selecting 'Search' and typing in more keywords. The Guru Bot will produce the refined Card results. This process of refined searching can continue until you find the right Card for your answer. Select the Card and the Guru Bot will post it in the original Channel as a response to the posed question.
- If you can't find a relevant Card from your refined searches and want to write a new answer, select 'Create Card'. Guru Bot will then take you through the flow of creating a new Card. After the Card is created, Guru Bot will post the new Card in the original Channel as a response to the posed question.
You've now leveraged Guru to answer a question while remaining connected to your team in Slack!
- If you answer the question via the bot, the verifier is automatically you or the group the question was asked of.
- The timeline for verification is set for three months/one quarter by default.